Famous Roses from Lyon
Over 3,000 varieties of roses have been created in Lyon, representing know-how which is recognized around the world. From these varieties, here are some of the famous Lyon roses, classified by period:
- Before 1850 - Roses from the very first rose growers,
- 1850-1930 - A period of innovative creation with internationally famous roses,
- 1930-1950 - The influence of Charles Mallerin with a very broad palette of new colors,
- 1950-2000 - Roses sold around the world confirm Lyon's expertise,
- 2000 to the present - Recent creations by ten rose designers from Lyon.
In 1825, the first Lyon rose growers created roses which would cross the centuries:
Because of their innovative creations, rose growers from Lyon acquired an international reputation with roses like:
Roses created during this period under the influence of Charles Mallerin offer a broad palette of new colors:
'Mme Louis Laperrière'
Joseph Laperrière (1950)
Lyon rose growers confirm their expertise by creating famous roses sold around the world:
2001 to the present
Contemporary roses are the focus of ten rose designers from Lyon:
Roseraie Reuter (2012)
Fabien Ducher (2012)
Dominique Croix (2013)
'Reine des Parfums'
Pierre Orard (2013)